Electroless Nickel Teflon has continually proven to outperform traditional Anodizing and Phosphate coatings by leaps and bounds! The increased reliability, corrosion resistance and ease of maintenance make this upgrade a no-brainer.
PLEASE NOTE: These uppers are being sold at a discounted rate due to minor imperfection in the base metal. These imperfections are very common but are usually hidden when anodized. Nickel Teflon does not hide them as well. In no way shape or form will these blemishes affect functionality.
Forged & machined by Cerro Forge (Key Hole)
Machined From mil-spec 7075 T6 forging
M4 feed ramps
Proprietary electroless nickel teflon finish
100% increase in corrosion resistance compared to MIL-A-8625 hard coat anodizing
240% increase in lubricity compared to MIL-A-8625 hard coat anodizing
160% increase in lubricity over hard chrome
Nickel Teflon will buff out and produce polished spots on contact/friction points. When using a clamshell type receiver block, the contact points may cause slight discoloring on the exterior of the receiver. This of course is strictly cosmetic. However, if you’re trying to avoid discoloration then we recommend using a (pin type) receiver vise. The inside diameter for barrel extension is slightly undersized for a tighter fit to the barrel and a more accurate rifle.
- Run it longer and harder - Lubrication optional. If you decide to use lube you won’t notice when it dries up. The natural lubricity of Nickel Teflon has a much lower coefficient of friction than phosphate treated steel with lube applied.
- Lubricity and wear resistance - Lubricity plays an essential role in optimizing wear resistance and longevity. Nickel Teflon has a .05 Coefficient Of Friction (COF), creating a surface more slick than Anodizing, Hard Chrome or even Nickel Boron.
- Longevity - Has a Hardness of Rockwell 54. Guaranteed not to peal or flake
- Ease of maintenance - No scrubbing required. Carbon fouling literally just wipes off with a rag.
- Corrosion resistance - We apply a proprietary Electroless Nickel substrate with a higher than average phosphorus content, giving the coating a barrier that’s practically impenetrable by corrosion.
Product Code: NTUS-BLEM