Hunters seeking a sighting solution with an extremely bright sight picture and a substantial FOV should consider the Zeiss Victory Varipoint 1.5-6x42 T* iC Riflescope. This fine scope features an amazing balance of power, size, and overall performance. The combination of its flexible 1.5-6x magnification range and a 42 mm objective offers spectacular twilight performance and the ability to adapt to just about any hunting scenario.
Victory Varipoint scopes have their reticle placed in the first focal plane, while the illuminated portion is placed in the second image plane. Increasing the scope’s power magnifies the apparent field of view, while the size of the illuminated aiming point does not change.
This waterproof and fogproof Victory Varipoint scope is configured with a one-piece aluminum 30 mm tube, hunting turrets, an integral Zeiss mounting rail, the illuminated #60 reticle, and a matte black finish. It is designed to be mounted to a Blaser R93 or R8 iC rifle - it is not compatible with other rifles.
- Optical Performance
- FL Concept: fluoride ion glass to deliver brighter, sharper, and more saturated images
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, grime. Lenses wipe clean without smearing
- T* multicoating: reduces flare, improves contrast, increases light transmission
- Advanced Optics System: Environmentally friendly lead and arsenic free glass yields exceptional resolution, contrast, color reproduction
- Operational Details
- Parallax correction: factory preset at 109 yards/100 m
- Metric adjustments: 1 cm @ 100 m / 1/3 MOA W&E correction
- Varipoint reticle system: the reticle is in the first focal plane, while the illuminated dot is in the second focal plane. This sophisticated configuration keeps the size of the dot constant while the reticle magnifies when increasing the magnification. The reticle’s brightness is controlled by a rotary knob located on the left side of the center tube.
- Illuminated #60 reticle: Three thin posts at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock, a single stadia at 12 o’clock, and fine crosshairs to indicate the exact point of aim. At the intersection of the crosshairs there is a single dot that can be illuminated for enhanced visibility.
- Construction and Design
- Low-profile hunting turrets
- 30 mm main-tube: machined from a single piece of aluminum. Nitrogen filled/o-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance
- This scope is designed for use with the Blaser R93 or R8 iC rifle. It is configured with a special illumination-control system that is not compatible with other rifles.
- Zeiss Rail Mount: this mounting system does not employ traditional ring mounts to fit the scope to the firearm. Instead, a set of claw-type Zeiss Railmounts are attached to the firearm’s Weaver or Picatinny rail. These Railmounts interface with the toothed rail on the underside of the scope to ensure a solid repeatable mount.